We offer early childhood education system to children ranging from the ages one to seven in the form of Play Group and Kindergarten. Especially designed environments are built at HPGS, together with approved curriculum to enhance the vocabulary and language skills of children so that they learn how to communicate, play and interact with others appropriately.
The term Pre-Primary or Early Childhood Education refers to the education of the preschooler that is the child in the age range of 3 to 6 years. In the context of the HPGS School, this includes children attending Montessori and Kindergarten.
Development of reading readiness, writing readiness and pre-number concepts and promotion of knowledge and understanding skills, personal and social skills and values relevant to the age group will be the focus.
The years from 3 to 5 are very special in terms of physical and mental growth of children. It is an established fact that 80 percent of the brain develops by the time the child is four years and ready in transition.
• From clumsy coordination to more refined skills;
• From body talk to verbal communication;
• From strong reliance on outer controls to developing inner controls;
• From personal awareness to growing social concern;
• From the here and now to a wider intellectual awareness and curiosity;
• From acquiring isolated facts to conceptualizing and developing a deepening interest in symbols.
Competence in talking and listening and in becoming readers and writers in essence (pre-reading and pre-writing skills), with rudiments of communication skills in English and Urdu, and with a growing vocabulary and increased fluency to express their thoughts and convey the meaning to the listeners.
• Mathematics (pre-number concept)
• Physical development (Gross and fine motor)
• Personal, social and moral development
Children learn to work, play, cooperate and function in a group.
• Knowledge and understanding of the world (basics of science, geography and history)
• Art and craft
• Environmental studies
• Practical life exercises
• Islamic studies
• Physical education
Activity based learning will be the predominant way of induction for the children to learn and gain the various objectives outlined above. The activities are to be designed in such a way that they are developmentally appropriate with methods like informal and Activity-based programs.
Health & Medical Checkups
We engage with each child, ignite their imagination, focus on their development and strive for them to feel included and worthwhile. We foster positive terminology. Play Group and Kindergarten are significant steps in your child’s educational journey and our goal is to develop positive attitudes and inspire a further love of learning.
The teaching aims to nurture the all-round development of your child as well as assisting your child’s readiness for more formal schooling.